From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On
Behalf Of Don Plasterer
Sent: Friday, January 12, 2001 11:51 AM
To: Multiple recipients of sslivesteam
Subject: RE: Quiet list

I live in Avon Lake, Ohio.  It's a burb on the far west side of Cleveland.
There are not many live steamers in the area.  Besides myself, I know of
only three.  We are so scattered geographly it is hard to get together.  I
belong to the local garden railroad club - Norther Ohio Garden Railroad
Association.  It has close to 100 members and is very active -- three public
layouts set up and operating over the Christmas holidays.  Unfortunately, no
live steamers.  I'll keep working on them and hopefully can make a few
converts.

Snow is off the tracks now and I think I'll take Sandy River #24 out for a
run.  There is no doubt that the cold weather makes the steam plume look
teriffic.  I'll hoist a cup of hot chocolate in honor of Diamond Head!

Don