Vance,

  I too really regret that the Ruby gathering never developed. I thought that I
probably just missed it. Maybe we'll have better luck congregating at the Midwest
Steamup. Everyone's going, right?
  Speaking of losing track of time, I missed 2 seminars simply because I wasn't
watching the clock. Does anyone tape the seminars? I've never noticed a camcorder at
any of them but there's a lot of really great information passed along at these and
it needs to be well documented. (No, I'm not volunteering. Yet.)
  Getting up at 5:00? Saturday night there were several of us that stayed up until
5:00a.m. Sunday morning running steamers, laughing, having deep discussions on
language dialects (I think my Arkansas accent started that discussion. Thanks Tom.),
the proper way to pour and drink single malt, and solving the worlds problems.
Obviously, very intelligent conversation was taking place. <grin> I never took a
head count but there were probably about a dozen of us that pulled the "all
nighter". Most of us started to our rooms ("relieved of duty" as Carl Malone called
it) when the "morning crowd" arrived, but Chris Sortina was still up and going when
I arrived back the next morning at 8:30a.m. and was still awake when I left for home
at 11:30a.m.
  There are as many different personalities and taste in engines (and life) as there
are people at DH. There's more information and ideas bouncing around a big steam up
like this than what can be published in a book. Chances are, there's an example to
be shown of whatever is being discussed as well.

Later,
Trent