Last time I saw this shay a fellow was using a torch to cut out all the boiler
tubes. He said he was part of a group restoring the locomotive. Has work
progressed? There was lots of missing metal due to corrosion when I saw it a few
years ago.
There is also a shay in need of repair up the Vancouver Island east side highway
about 100 miles. It used to run even recently, so I expect it may be serviceable
soon.
~Gary