A couple of years ago, Aster produced an electric feedwater pump to be
mounted in a Passenger car behind their T3 loco. It was an electric motor
and ram pump with adjustable flow, run off batteries.
Friend of mine had one, worked great. Batteries lasted well.
I don't believe Aster would sell them separately at the time, but it's a
workable solution,
Peter.

----------
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> To: Multiple recipients of sslivesteam <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: Water pumps...
> Date: Wednesday, February 14, 2001 9:32 AM

> << How about an electrically powered water pump, because the Ruby >>
> Maybe your Ruby is different from mine.  Mine does not have insulated
wheels
> so you could not use track power.  A battery probably would not last too
long
> or provide enough power.
>   As for an axle driven or steam driven I have serious doubts that Ruby
can
> produce enough power or steam to both drive the locomotive and a pump.
Not
> only that the fuel supply usually runs out before the boiler runs dry.
Hate