From: Harry Wade <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Iron castings

appeared to me the best combination of materials, from a castings
availability standpoint, and if you didn't want an all-stainless wheel,
would be think in terms of brass centers with mild steel tires.  Extra work
for the tires but brass casters are a dime a dozen and mild steel would
provide almost as good traction as iron.

Cheers,
Harry