I would like to see such a site . . .  Charles

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ferdinand" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Multiple recipients of sslivesteam" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, February 24, 2001 8:49 PM
Subject: Re: Russia Iron (was Forced repaint)

> As a commercial Photographer  I can guarantee that any shinny surface
photographed out in sunlight on a clear blue day
> will take on a blue cast.  The object reflects the blue sky above it.
Therefore a gloss black will look deep blue  and  a neutral grey
> will appear med blue etc... For any accurate representation of colour it
would have to be shot indoors or under a neutral covering.
> The most accurate representation of colour in  the photos is the
horizontal point  right before the shadow creeps in on the boiler - as it is
reflecting the horizon and others at this point.
> Hope this helps.
> Maybe if the demand is there I should set up a web site on photographing
small steam locos outdoors with simple yet highly effective