I think that the notion of "...it's still a Ruby" has proven to be something
akin to "it's a Baldwin." Anyone who has looked at Vance's Ruby bash page
can see that folks are indeed flexing there creative muscles with this
little gem. At DH, the only Rubys that looked anything like each other were
the ones which were fresh from the box. That, I think, is reflective of
exactly what Accucraft was trying to do with this project.

While, you can put all the gift wrapping on the locomotive you want, it
still has the same performance. The good news is, the performance has
thus-far proven to be quite solid. And if Accucraft is as good about
standing behind its products as Roundhouse and other quality builders, I
don't think we're going to have to worry about hanging our heads when we say
"it's still a Ruby."

Later,