Marc's method is to insert the pinhole between the optical elements of the
lens, pretty much where the iris is.  You can get to this by taking out the back
element(s) on most SLR lenses.  I bought a 50mm Olympus lens cheap from
a camera repair shop because the shutter was sticky.  Who cares, since I'm
overriding it anyway?

A pinhole by itself is not a sharp focuing element, though it has great depth of
field.  In order to get rid of the soft-focus characteristics of the pinhole, you
have to use optical elements or go to a zone-plate aperture, which is a whole
different discussion.

There's some guy who advertises in the photography mags that installs
pinholes in popular SLR lenses.  Check around, or try a web search for
pinhole and SLR.

-vance-

"Another day goes by in the time machine.
I've been breaking my brain over what it might mean
just to claim the time to turn away
and make today today."  --James Taylor