> Vance that is Nice!  Almost too nice. The wood in the photo looks like it
> belongs on a piece of fine furniture. I wasn't even aware of the pilot kit
> which I also like.

Phil, glad you liked it.  If you weren't aware of the pilot kit, either you haven't
been paying attention or I haven't been in your face enough with it.  (That's
how Dave likes it....)  It's been out about eight months, in any case, and is an
exceptionally beautiful addition to any locomotive. ;-)

Regarding the walnut stain: the basic wood is birch plywood.  I had some Old
English Walnut that I liked to color of, so I gave it a try to see if I could get the
look of some of the walnut cabs on the early engines.  I think it worked.  :-)
You'll have to stain or paint it to suit your application (all the cabs in the Ruby
mods page, except Kevin's scrathbuilt one, are the same material).

OK, you ready to order one?  Surely you have an untouched Ruby lying
around somewhere that needs some beautification?

regards,
  -Vance-

Vance Bass
FH&PB Railroad Supply Co.