Hi  Guys,
     At  the recent  Bay  Area  Garden  Society,s  Steamers  convention
in  Hayward,  Ca.  Accucraft,s  had  all  their engines  on
display.  The  only  price  list  they  had
was  showing  approx  $1350  for  the Shay,  with a
show  special  on  pre-orders  at  $1250.
     You are correct  about  lack  of detailing,  it  is  very
basic.  But  you  get what you pay for,  and  probably  >80%
will  be  kit  bashed/modified  anyway.  Therefore  it  makes
a  good  basic  engine  for  this.  (Performance  is  another issue. We
did  not  see  one running).
      Tony D.