I too was a sailor.  In my younger days I wanted to buy a small, one person
sail boat to putts around Lake Erie.  My wife convinced me that a one person
boat would be selfish and that I should get a bigger one so she and the kids
could go to.  I ended up with a 16 foot boat that took two people to rig.  I
took the whole family out once.  My wife informed me that she had a death
fear of sailing earlier in her life and she was sure it had passed.  Well it
didn't.  The sail boat sat in the garage for three years and became the
trailer when we went on camping trips.  The only good thing about the whole
thing was that I sold the sailboat for $200 more than I paid for it.

So ended my sailing experience.  Thank goodness I got into steam trains.

Don