The prototype was a Barclay Class 'A' tank of which quite a few were
built, most if not all being 3' gauge.  They were popular with civil
engineering contractors who mainly used 3'.  One survives tho not in
running condition at the Scottish Railway Preservation Society site at
Bo'ness.  It was, I believe one of a number built for the Scots
contractors Morrison & Mason.  It ended its career at the British
Aluminium Corp plant at Foyers above Loch Ness.  There ia a family
cpnnection of sorts as I have  photo of two class A tanks and a Bagnall
working at my Father's home village of Bucknell on a contract to build a
water pipe line from mid-wales to the middle of England (Birmingham).
>From the photo I would say that the locos were probably bought new for
this contract as they are in sparkling condition.

Sam E