Regarding my previous posting, Dave Cole has pointed out that netiquettly I should
have contacted him - as
List Owner - directly.
One tends to forget about the ever-present List Mom keeping an eye on things from the
background but,
obviously, queries of this sort should go to the List Owner.

My mail was not intended to suggest that the problem had arisen through the List, but
to try to narrow
down the source of the unwanted mail. The replies to my posting so far clearly show
that the particular
problem is not in any way related to this Group.
I suppose that whenever one e-mails an organisation [or person], the sender's address
ends up on some
list, and is then vunerable for exploitation.
Don