Chris:  I hear your frustration in you message.  Yes, it is a NO NO to
use aircraft bands (frequencies) for car and boat and train equipment.
If I had a airborne airplane that cost between $500 and $1000 bucks and
it crashed because someone fired up their train transmitter on the air
frequency .... well you get the idea.

So here is a place to get the very latest in R/C equipment.  They have a
super catalog and you can do business via email.  Point your browser to
http://www.hobby-lobby.com/hitec.htm for the Hitec brand radio.  These
radios can use any size servo so look at
http://www.hobby-lobby.com/servos.htm for servo choice.  I'll bet you
can buy just the transmitter/receiver system on a ground frequency with
the exact servo you want.  You shouldn't have to buy a boxed set.

Good luck

Clark