Dave,
If it is a carbide tipped bit, the quality is proportional to the price. If
you are using Tapcon screws, use their bit. My neighbor & I put up hurricane
shutter frames on both houses and used only one tapcon bit. It helps if you
have a hammer drill, the carbide does not get as hot and the drilling goes
much faster.
Keep your steam up!
Walt & Lunk
PS A friend of mine that has a cast cement business uses a glue that works
great.
I put a circular retaining wall around a ligustrum "tree" and did not use any
mortar.
The "caulk/glue" is still holding. However, there is no freezing here to
speak of.