Dr. Blackson,

   If it's of any help (or relevance), I painted the backside of a typical plastic car
dealership advertising plate to put on the front of my truck. (Diver down flag.) I
roughed
the area lightly to be painted and gave it several light coats of spray Rustoleum with
no primer. I then painted over that with a light coat of clear. Here in a predominately
farming area (bugs, birds, rocks, mud, etc.) the plate still looks good and shows no
sign of paint flaking. It's been on the front of the truck for about a year now.
   A word of caution. If the painted surface needs to have a slick final finish, make
sure you clean all the sanding particles from the surrounding area as well as you
clean the
part to be painted. I failed to clean the area well enough and the spray paint blew a
few bits of the sanding dust into the paint. <Grrr.>
   Be sure to drop us a few pics of your progress on your track.

Later,
Trent