If this is the movie with all the paintings in boxes at the end I've seen
the last half of it twice.  Had to keep watching for the trains!

The rod he lifts is actually a radius rod for the valve gear.  The bearing
is the one on the eccentric if I remember right.  :)

Trot, the fox who was enthralled by the details shown in the film!

On Mon, 13 Aug 2001 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> This is the best and it is available on DVD. The movie stars Burt Lancaster
> doing most of his own stunts. They wreck 3 locomotives big time. All in black
> and  white with NO model train stand ins. The big scene is when the Brits
> bomb a French rail terminal and they actually buried many tons of TNT under
> the yard and BLEW it up, trains and all.
>
> The story is good, the acting is good and the train stuff is very authentic.
> Burt and the boys actually operate the train. In one scene Burt pours babit
> into a main rod bearing on a Mogul and then lifts (he be stronger than me)
> the rod and carries it to the engine.
>
> Another shot is the Spitfire straffing the train. Real Spit and some wild
> stopping of the engine at the end inside a tunnel.
>
> Be sure to view the making of on the DVD. Everytime I have an open house this
> movie gets played in its entirety.
>
> Another train flick that just hit the DVD shelves is Von Ryans Express. Not
> as good, but it is railroading. Now if they would put Bite The Bullet on DVD,
> what a great world it would be.
>
> Roger Cutter

 /\_/\        TrotFox        \ Always remember,
( o o )  AKA Landon Solomon   \ "There is a