In a message dated 09/10/01 5:46:19 PM Central Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< Did your ply base start to delaminate or warp where it couldn't be used any
 longer? >>

Jon

I used (high dollar) marine grade plywood.  The paint held up fine but the
plywood buckled, splintered and delaminated.  I was careful to apply the
paint on ALL surfaces -- top, bottom and sides.

One of my loops is built from hardi-plank and is in its 4th year with no
problem.  It's tough to work with but has a 50 (fifty) year guarantee.  Only
problem is that you need to support it 100% because of flexibility.

I tried to buy the stuff that Walt has but the company in Missouri that made
it is no longer in business.

There is a similar product made from recycled milk bottles and sawdust which
they use a lot for decking around the marinas here.  It is expensive (but not
more than marine ply) but should last indefinitely.  Called ?? something-tek.
 Sold at Home Depot, Lowes, and similar places.

FWIT, IMHO - FORGET PLYWOOD.

Jim Crabb