There's good news and bad news regarding the couplers on the Accucraft C-
16.  The bad news is that they're about 1/4" too low, and it turns out that
getting the coupler pocket off the buffer beam is @#$% near impossible.
You'll need a minuscule nut driver, an magnifying visor, good light and some
luck from what I can tell.

The good news is that the knuckles are easily exchangable with Kadees.
Luckily, I had one of those knuckles that are offset upwards (it's one of the
83X series, but I don't remember which one).  That knuckle comes out at just
the right height when mounted in the Kadee pocket.  You have to drill out the
hole in the shank to 17/64" to fit over the post, but otherwise it's just a
screwdriver upgrade.

So, if you have or are getting a C-16 and need to pull rolling stock with an
accurate 1:20.3 coupler height, that's a simple solution while you search for a
place to buy that tiny metric nutdriver.

regards,
  -vance-

Vance Bass
Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA