Mike, Harry et al,

Good thoughts Mike , however; there is value in  the information "donated"
to us by Harry,  and it actually gives me more confidence when running my
locos, for there is little chance they will ever blow up on me they way
they are fired. I have found it satisfying to know what the limits
are--most of us are curious about that--or certainly should be for in my
humble but very qualified  (hee Hee)  opinion  it helps us establish
perimeters. I have seen a boiler heated up with a propane torch. If we fire
our locos according to design we are morre than safe--history proves this.
In a final statement (wait I'm never finaL!) I believe pre ious interest on
the part of listers motivated Harry to bring this matter up.

I am only being "gentle" with Harry boy, 'cos I want him to get on with
those GWR coaches!

Well Harry??!

Geoff.

Harry,