At 12:25 PM -0500 1/30/02, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>Have any list members made
>the switch, and did you experience any difficulties i.e. compatibility with
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]

i have told anyone who switched to version 6 that they need to
respond to messages on the list by using the aol web site rather than
the e-mail function of the application. the web site offers the
opportunity to turn off html-encoded e-mail, while the e-mail
function of the application does not.

for those who have forgotten, the reason we don't allow html-encoded
e-mail on the list is because it is delivered as an attachment, and
we don't take attachments. the reason we don't take attachments used
to be because it was inconvenient for some people to download
pictures when they were downloading mail (ie: you wanted to get the
pictures when you had a lot of time and/or bandwidth). but that
reason has been superceded by the fact that virtually all viruses are
distributed as e-mail attachments these days and if we don't send you
any attachments, we can't send you any viruses.

i tried loading version 7 on the softwindows partition of my mac and
it totally destroyed all tcp connectivity within softwindows.
fortunately, i keep everything i need sequestered from the windows
environment, so i just wiped that partition clean and reinstalled
softwindows, which now works just fine. but i don't think i'll try to
experiment with aol 7 again.

\dmc

Dave Cole
Gen'l Sup't:  Grand Teton & Everglades Steam Excursion Co.
               Pacifica, Calif. USA <http://45mm.com/> <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>