A week or so ago there was a reference on the list to "First Steps in
Building a Steam Loco" by Peter Jones.  I do not have the original post, but
I telephoned Brandbright this morning to order the book.  I was told that
the book is still available but the Roundhouse slip eccentric used in
building the loco is no longer available from Roundhouse.  Because the slip
eccentric is no longer available, Brandbright has lowered the price to
something over a pound. I missed the exact amount, maybe a pound six, but it
is less than 2 pounds.  The price includes the book and the plans, and I was
told that it is still a good introductory book to read for the general
information on loco construction.  Yes, I ordered one.
Bob Blackson