So here's a question to "pick things up a little".

I have a piece of boiler tubing from a kit 1 1/2" in outside diameter with a
wall thickness of about .035".  There are those of you out there who probably
could say that that is type "M", or something tubing.  But as this tubing is
provided in a kit, I assume that it is more than adequate for the pressure (40
psi ?) that it will have to contain.  If one were to go thicker, the heat
transfer properties of the boiler would change.  For example, a thicker wall
would take more energy to heat up before getting to the task of heating the
water, but would retain the heat better (be less susceptible to "environmental"
cooling based on its greater mass).  And the same for the flue tubes.  My
question is, is it a bad idea to increase (I assume that decreasing wall
thickness in shells or flues is a no-no) wall thickness for whatever reason ?

Whadya think steamers ?

royce in SB