Hi Michael,

I am the proud owner of an Ida (saddle tank version of the Ruby).  It is my first, and
so far only, live steamer.  In the two months that I have owned it, I have not had any
problems.  I have steamed it up about 40 times by now, including quite a bit of time
on the live steam track at the Garden RR convention.  This little loco has done quite
a bit to re-enthuse me on the Model RR hobby.  I have several local resources for
help, and this is important for a first time steamer.  I was able to fire the Ida up
by myself, and run it on blocks for the first week or two, before I was able to show
it off, and gain the help of my local resources who are live steamers.  The
instructions that come from Accucraft are sufficient.  The problems that you may read
about with Ruby in the archives have mostly been corrected, and what arrives from the
Accucraft dealer will most likely run very well right out of the box.  My one
suggestion is to order your steam oil at the same time as your Ruby.  Otherwise you'll
be like me.  Have the loco, wanting to fire it up, but unable to because of lack of
the proper lubricant.  Buy a Ruby, you won't be sorry.

Regards,
Mitch Nearhood