One and all,

Being old (like reaching the 80s) makes me  well aware of what  my family
will be stuck with when my remains are shoved in the firebox of the Flying
Scotsman! It becomes somewhat of an obsession and sometimes I feel I should
dispose of much of it now instead of  expanding my collection of "toys"---
which continues as I mismature! That's typical for us oldsters!

I started to list all my trains and other toys on the computer but my wife
does not use it. So accordingly I have listed almost everything  in a
legal size note book, listing date of aquisition, price, current value and
liquid selling price. I have a friend in the L.S hobby who will help
dispose of the trains and a son who can handle my collection of 54mm metal
military figures. Other stuff can melt with me in the firebox.

Incidentally, there is an advantage in listing one's collection in a note
book as it gives the opportunity to visually inspect each "toy" as you list
it! More fun!--Right? No huntin' and peckin' either.

Geoff.