Hello Everyone,

     My wife, kids and family have no idea *what* some of the items in my
workshop are, much less how much they're worth.
    A couple of years back while upgrading my insurance, my agent suggested
that I take pictures and/or video of my "stuff". I emphasized on items that
I had the most concern about losing, most valuable, most likely to end up in
a pawn shop (TVs, VCRs, stereos, etc.) or that I knew that nobody outside of
my interests would know anything about. I placed a sticker on the back of
each picture with any identifying marks, serial numbers, and what the items
approximate worth was. I later scanned the photos, added the description to
a text list, and burned it to CD (and kept the pictures as a backup). I take
the CD from our lockbox at the bank and update it when alterations to the
list are needed.  The video allowed me to describe the item and tell the
serial number as I filmed it. (another backup)
     Now, if any of you are like me, you absolutely MUST tell your
"significant other" to never look at the CD unless something happens to you.
If my wife were to figure out how much money I've spent on my hobbies over
the years, I'm quite sure that SHE might be the very thing that finishes me
off. <grin>

Later,
Trent