I buy my butane from Cash & Carry (a commercial grocery supply business that
carries butane for those single burner catering burners) for about $2.00 for
7.8 oz. can if I buy a case.
Gary - Steaming in Eugene, Oregon
http://www.angelfire.com/or/trainguy
http://community.webshots.com/user/raltzenthor

Vance and List,

     One subject that comes up every month or so is where to buy Butane. I
saved the message that Patrick Darby compiled (attached below) comparing
Butane
prices from internet sources. Although the prices may be out of date now, it
gives a good starting point.
     Also to be added to the Butane source list should be the always
mentioned
Asian markets, Wal-Mart, camping supplies stores, Army Surplus outlets,
etc.,
etc..
     Hope it helps.

Later,