In a message dated 2/5/03 5:57:24 PM Pacific Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:

<< Does someone have experience with TSP (Trisodium
 phosphate?, paint cleaner available in hardware stores
 in North America) for priming brass?  >>
I think that you might be refering to priming in a different manner than the
usual.  TSP is a cleaning agent, and a good one, but not a paint primer.
What it will do is prepare your metal for a paint primer by degreasing it.
This should be your first step in painting any metal.  Follow this with a
good paint primer, I usually don't, and then your color of choice.
Bob