At 09:14 AM 02/25/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>Not sure if it was the Discovery Channel or not, but one of  those education
>minded channels had an excellent show on how the World Trade Center towers
>came down.  Once one element of the structure lets go, the loads on the
>remaining elements will fail in spectacular fashion.  The physics and
>computer modeling of that collapse are fascinating, but unfortunately quite
>frightening at the same time.  On the positive side, the Towers stood much
>longer than designed after taking such punishment (707 versus 757 fully
>gassed up).  I suspect the same is true in Baltimore.  Notice that the
>center section is still intact and that maybe a third to one half of the
>roof is still intact.  All should be thankful for that.  It could have been
>much worse.  Along with the readings mentioned below, try to hunt down that
>WTC TV show.  It is fascinating.
=======

The show in question was on the History Channel.  From their web site I
picked off the following info

1)      The World Trade Center: Rise And Fall Of An American Icon, DVD
(also VHS)

This DVD details the story of the WTC, and includes footage of the recovery
and cleanup efforts.   This DVD Library title is created in the DVD+R
format.   100 Minutes

 2)    World Trade Center: In Memoriam, DVD  (also VHS)

 See extraordinary footage of their construction and hear from the people
who designed and built the vanished landmarks.   50+ Minutes Price: $19.95

Regards
Jim Stapleton