So then we all "represent" our hobby when dealing with the outside world. And if we do a credible job of it, we will recruit newcomers.

Harry Wade wrote:

At 10:03 AM 3/13/03 -0800, you wrote:

Well, to THEM it doesn't make you special.
Royce

Since then we endeavored to cultivate, rather than alienate.

Regards,
Harry

Now, another question to keep those without jobs (or those like myself who are sandbagging) busy. Should I decide to use packing instead of Orings in my piston grooves, are there any guidelines as to width/depth, etc ? I'm considering this as it seems to me that the interference fit suggested by our esteemed members results in noticeable friction. And, in addition, the comments about Orings taking "set" worries me. It would seem that that would result in inconsistent or unpredictable sealing.

Any thoughts ?

royce in SB