> Harry, there are casting foundries around to do brass, bronze, etc.,
> but try to find one that will do grey iron!  They just stare at you a
while,
> then say "I don't have any idea where to get the metal for that."

Vance,
Not for investment castings, but for fine French sand castings, the
Auburn Stove Works of Gray, Maine do intricate French sand castings in
iron or steel. They are a business that makes replacement parts for
fancy old Victorian stoves, and are well used to making one off castings
from loose patterns. I have machined a pile of their castings for the
WW&F Railway Museum, here in Maine, and can attest to the fine quality
of their work. No blow holes or chilled spots in any casting I have
machined to date.
Keith Taylor