> It's interesting to hear that Aster knows who the "current owners"
are.  Neither Roundhouse nor Accucraft asked me to send in a 'product
registration' card.

Pete,
 I don't know about a product registration card, but when I bought my
last Aster locomotive it was ordered from a U.S. dealer, but shipped
directly to me from Japan! I would imagine that somebody in  Japan knows
I bought one, as they shipped it to me! It's nice of Aster to not make
it's dealers stock their products at their expense!! Plus, they control
all the shipping, and KNOW that when it left the facory, it was
inspected and not messed with at a distributors warehouse. I know of
some cases with Japanse cameras and telescopes where at the  dealers or
a distributors, the package was opened and all accesories stripped! The
wholesale price dealers, then would sell you accesories that SHOULD have
come with the item, as an extra cost item!
Keith Taylor