Jon tells it like it is . . . if I had the money, I probably wouldn't avoid
buying any decent looking loco. Reality says I do not have that sort of
money, so I end up deciding on one purchase this decade and enjoy that
purchase while looking at other locos and enjoying them without having the
expense. A meet is sort of like a public library, we get to enjoy without
having to own, store, or maintain all those other locos that are out of our
price range. Heck, no matter how much money one has, there are some things
too expensive for that one person to buy. I admit I actually still like
running sparkies sometimes, but might be willing to go through a 12 Step
Program to wean myself off electrics . . . nah. I still need to figure out
how to get a tiny bit more heat out of my Aster Alisan shay and build a new
cab for the Steamlines shay. . . after I paint more rooms.

Gary - Running trains over Terror Trestle in Eugene, Oregon
http://www.angelfire.com/or/trainguy
http://community.webshots.com/user/raltzenthor

Jon wrote: "Whatever I pull out of the cabinet to run on that particular
day.  Each one
offers something different in what it demands and provides."