Vance

Glad to know you kept your  tinplate stuff so you could appreciate it later
on.  I let my older brother have ALL my Lionel stuff (including a
solid-shield Rutland box car I bought as a kid in 1956 for $5.95 now
pulling $ 1500 plus in the market).  But then I also told my ex-wife's
former boyfriend in 1978, as he built a Reno (now for sale), "I will NEVER
have live steam that small.. Are you an idiot or something?  It needs to be
big enough to ride on."   RULE ABOUT OWNING MODEL TRAINS ===> Never say
NEVER!!!

Murray can tell you that some interesting things turn up at the York meet.
I also found some old Hornby O tinplate at a show in Canada last year for
Mike Moore to run behind is Baumann or Bowman (sp?) O ga steamer.

Sorry to hear the TCA guys in your end of the world are so wrapped up in
one-upmanship.  We have some in the Eastern Division; I just ignore them.

And for Keith Taylor, who wants to stay out of the trash cans...  Just
adopt my wife's attitude. "If it runs on rails with flanged wheels, or is a
representation of same.. and I like it, I will get it if it fits my budget
constraints."  That is why our house looks like it belongs to two
undisciplined pack-rat train enthusiasts.  Thankfully neither of us has
retired; we will be in train-buying withdrawl for months.

Regards

Jim
=======