Trot Fox,

A nozzle orifice can be too small or it can be too large! If it's too small
there  may be the velocity to create some pressure drop in the smoke box
but not enought volume to be effective. Example, a 1mm orifice in a 1"
scale loco wouldn't work very well!!  The nozzle has to be just right to
obtain the right blast and that is what Tony is writing about

Geoff.

Interesting...  I thought I had read that you should increase the nozzle