As others said, a cheap GROUND radio will work. Do NOT let anyone talk you into an air frequency! It is illegal to use for ground applications, and (because) it can cause all kinds of havoc if used while someone is using it to control an aircraft.

I have the RCS system in my Ruby, I like it because it keeps its position once set, and has a 'booster' feature that will bump the throttle to get you over a grade or tight curve and then return to your preset setting. It also has an emergency stop feature that has come in handy! It can also be hidden out of site with a little effort. See my web site for how I installed mine. (http://www.geocities.com/OS2Dude/) It also has takeoffs to control lights and other items if desired.

Tom Wrote:

I need to get a radio control system installed in my Accucraft Ruby "Mimi"
in the next few weeks, for a demonstration.

I have seen one website that shows an RC installation in a Ruby, and he only
has two servos (Johnson bar and throttle). My questions:

1) Are two servos adequate?  Do I need one on the burner?  Supposedly, it
should be a ground-frequency unit, and those I've seen only have two
channels.

2) Does anyone have a recommendation for a radio? I've seen the RCS system,
which looks pretty good, but I know I can probably find something a bit
cheaper that should work OK on my small layout.

Any suggestions welcomed!