Tom, my first reaction was to laugh, "You want to run this beast for
_more_ than an hour at a stretch?"  Good trivium: They used to call
Walter Cronkite "Old Ironpants" for his, um, personal endurance while
drinking cup after cup of coffee and broadcasting the Apollo flights
24/7.

OK, let's assume that you do.  Pete Thornton has been arranging a
group purchase of Accucraft backhead check valves, which has been
discussed at length on this list (and others).  You missed the boat on
that one, unfortunately, but the valves are still available from Ralph
Reppingen in Germany.  Contact Pete for more info.

Regner makes a servo-driven tender pump that should fill the bill.  I
don't know off the top of my head how much water they put out, but
I'm pretty sure that 250cc/min. is way more than any small pump is
going to be able to do.  (You've experienced this problem already, in
that your finger is driving a small pump when you use the squirt
bottle.)  Usually, axle or servo pumps are just left on most of the time,
and sized to match boiler comsumption more or less.  That way, you
don't end up with half a boiler of cold water at one slug, so you don't
have to sit for ten more minutes before you can run again.

Or how about this?  Try getting a large syringe and fitting an
appropriate tube/nozzle to it.  That should let you put a lot more water
in your boiler much faster than the squirt bottle.  You'll still be limited
by how much water the Goodall valve will pass, I suspect, so the flow
rate may not meet your goal.  But it will be a lot easier on your fingers.

Did any of that rambling help?

-vance-

"I'd never just want to do what everybody else did. I'd be contributing
to the sameness of everything." Captain Beefheart