Casey surmised:-

> I heard or read somewhere that LBSC would design the locomotive projects in
> his head, write up the building instructions, and then get around to
> building the locomotive.  Has anyone else heard about this bit of trivia?

I'm quite sure he was not the only one to do this.  A well known British
modeller started a constructional series a few years ago, giving a materials
list for a single flue gas fired boiler.  I was looking forward to the part
where he would describe the burner to work in the small flue he had obviously
intended using but, when we got to that part, it had mysteriously transformed
into an external spirit fired arrangement.

It was, I understand, his first ever loco project and I salute his courage, if
not his judgement.

Mike