At 11:44 AM 7/27/03 -0600, you wrote:
>Do you want to have your hand-held through the building (each step must be
spelled out in detail)

Ken,
     For this branch of the hobby that would no doubt be of a lot of value,
and make the project less intimidating thus much more attractive.  However
you do come regularly to points where you must ask where do I draw the
line.  You can't make a loco project serial also a complete treatise on
machining techniques or the whole thing becomes a great bog.  I think it's
always incumbent upon the builder to search out and learn the things not
given.  That's part of what involving oneself in a highly specialize
technical pursuit is all about.

>Would you like to see machining instructions or keep the text limited to
special steps (skills) needed to build the loco.

    This is better (less work) for you.  Unfortunately we (designer/writers
and designer/writer wannabe's) don't have the luxuries that are available
to writers in large scale publications where much of the garden variety
instruction can be written off by saying "as described in these pages many
times before."

Skill level:  Beginner

Regards,
Harry