Things I hadn't thought of. Thanks Harry.
Terry Griner

At 08:33 AM 9/18/03 -0400, you wrote:
>If using Brass in a Boiler is a problem, due to enbrittlement, why is it
okay to use brass for a steam line?

Terry,
        Because the steam line can be replaced, and in the event of a
failure a broken lubricator line wouldn't release the entire contents of
the boiler in an instant.
        By the way, I would never recommend using salvaged copper tube,
such as out of an old house, for a boiler.  Sanitary drains piping was
usually done in type DWV copper which is the thinnest grade made and you
could never be certain that it was OK structurally.  Then, you would have
to work so long on it to clean the crud off to the point where it would
take solder that it wouldn't be worth whatever you'd save.

Regards,
Harry

Ohio Department of Health