Chad,

Sorry for the confusion. I was responding to Chad Burns, whose message had been forwarded by Mike Chaney a few days ago. Chad Burns was inquiring about small gas burners.

Steve

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I don't think I got the previous messages leading up to this response.
The reason I used the camping stove is that butane becomes too cold to
maintain pressure
in the winter and I was looking for a solution for it and the fact that when
we fill our
butane tanks there seems to be allot of butane that escapes. I am working on
a different
solution but my job is taking all my free time. I'm very interested in what
Cheddar is
doing with their engines though and as soon as I can I will order some stuff
from them.
I'm happy to say that the camping stove idea does work well and my run times
with the Regner
pump is around 3 hours. The problem I'm having right now is the controls in
my C-16 and I
hope to have that resolved soon.
For those of you who are interested, we had our third steamup this last
Saturday and it
was great. I don't know how many times we ran our engines but I was sure
tired when it
was done. I'm hoping to get a few of you that live in the Southwest to come
over if you have the time. Phoenix is nice in the winter so if you get sick
of the cold
it might be a nice break for you.
Chad

-----Original Message----- From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Steve Shyvers Sent: Wednesday, October 08, 2003 6:20 AM To: Multiple recipients of sslivesteam Subject: Re: Fw: Question for the Live Steam Group

Mike,

Chad might find that a small camping stove will serve his purpose and be
well within his budget. Stores that sell camping, backpacking, and
mountain climbing supplies would be the places to look for small,
portable, and simple burners that use butane or butane/propane mix.
Stateside, so-called military surplus or army-navy stores often carry a
selection of small gas-fired portable stoves as well. Some of them are
nothing more than a gas ring on a tripod and a connecting hose to a gas
bottle. A few years ago I found a $25 butane portable stove with a
ceramic burner at Walmart.

Steve

--
Your favorite stores, helpful shopping tools and great gift ideas. Experience the convenience of buying online with [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://shopnow.netscape.com/