Any mall display for electric model trains requires insurance here in
Oregon, USA.  In fact, they wanted fire proofed bark chips for a garden
railway we were going to install at one mall.  Another mall wanted us to pay
for a temporary rider on the mall's policy for a mere $5,000.00!  Great deal
huh?  Mall invites model train displays to encourage shoppers to attend (and
shop of course). Train nuts earn not even one penny and are supposed to pony
up $5,000.00. Somehow our club membership decided to decline. We obtained a
policy from Farmer's Insurance.
Steaming & Sparking over Terror Trestle in Eugene, Oregon ~ Gary
http://www.angelfire.com/or/trainguy
http://community.webshots.com/user/raltzenthor

Come to think of it, I'm not sure I've heard of sssteamers in the US having
to boiler test & take out insurance for 'mall' exhibitions.

Art Walker
Guildford
England