I don't know of any "plans" off the top of my head. I know Paul Kenney at one time was selling kits to turn the RH boiler/chassis kit into a 2-6-2. Don't know if that had plans, drawings, or anything like that which may help out or not.

Truth be told, though, you don't really need plans for a project like that. Once the boiler and chassis is assembled, the hard part's over. The rest is just a matter of adding bits here and pieces there until you get something you don't mind looking at. (And changing it if bothers you.)

When I did my RH chassis kit, I didn't have any plans for any specific locomotive that I went off of. I dug through back issues of the Narrow Gague Gazette for some ideas to go from, but outside frame 2-6-0s weren't exactly mainstream locos.

A photo of my locomotive:
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/kcstrong/models/wideshot.jpg

That is actually its third "incarnation." When I originally built the loco, it had smaller round domes and a steel cab. The proportions never looked "right" to me, so a few years later, I rebuilt a new wood cab and put larger fluted domes on the boiler. That worked well, but there was still something "not quite right" to my eyes. A description of it's third rebuilding can be found here:

http://www.mylargescale.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=19428

I think I'm finally satisfied with the looks of this locomotive. (only took 7 years?) I never had one specific plan that I used, but drew inspiration from a few different locos. Since there is no "specific" prototype for the RH outside framed loco, any one particular plan would have to be adapted to fit the dimensions of the boiler and chassis anyway. I just adapted features of a number of different locos until I found a combination that looked right for what I was after.

Later,