The Accucraft Caradoc and Superior are great running locos for a good price.
I have the Caradoc and it is a strong engine for its size.

Steve

 -----Original Message-----
From:   Andre' Schofield [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent:   Wednesday, June 09, 2004 11:55 AM
To:     Multiple recipients of sslivesteam
Subject:        UK Live Steam

  I'd love to have just one, OK more than one but I'd settle for
one.....maybe,  UK live steamer.  They have a style all their own that
appeals to me.

  HOWEVER, the price was barely attainable for me before the exchange rate
went into the bin!  Now its just a pipe dream.  Where the balance between
availability at a price the common man can afford and affordable only to
those with more is beyound me.  I'd gladly sell most of my sparkies and
rolling stock if it would get me close to the UK steamer I lust after but
I'd be a long ways away even then.

  What to do?....Anyone want to buy one of the kids?  hehehe

Andre'