Gary

The usual household universal cleaner that your wife uses to iron
curtains while they are hanging cleaning the tiles in the bathroom
etc. As I said don't let the household authority catch you using it
you could get roped into all kinds of things. Which is why officially
it is better not to know how it works!!. But while she is out of the
house once in a while.....!

I prefer the white spirit/paraffin mixture for every day use it does
not drive oil out of places where the oil needs to be. In a normal pump
bottle that sprays a fine mist on a hot engines it dries in minutes
leaving a nice sheen. The recipe comes from a Swiss friend who's 20
year old locos look like new: I agree Manfred Regners steam system is nice,
as is his cylinder drainage as fitted to his Stainz and now the new "U"
model. It has been said said it can be retro-fitted to some other
models. It would be a great asset on my Accucraft C-16. (268) Big cylinders
and lots of condensation. (I am fitting this engine engine  with a through
oiler in stead of the deadleg oiler, an improved burner and a small gas tank
up left in the cab connected to the tender gas tank via a one way
valve.  Hr. Regner is a very helpful person even if you dont have one
of his engines.

My present engine in construction is a vertical boilered "A" Climax
The boiler and engine are finished as is some of the woodwork for
this mobile chicken shed.

Regards

Bert.

Bert &  Edmunda