Distilled water no, probably not.  De-ionised water more than likely.
De-ionised is sometimes sold as 'distilled' but it is another process
entirely.  I have heard stories about deionised water, from water
purification professionals.  Deprive water of its non H2O ions and it
will try to acquire more.  I suspect that this may be a greater problem
with brass and de-zincifying rather than with copper, as brass seems to
have trouble holding onto zinc.

Sam  E

Best