Welcome Ken,

What Aster loco do you own? There will be many folks who wil be willing to
advise and assist in Sacramento so please come. I have several Asters and
would be happy to confuse you as  as much as anyone!

I  have  a special source of alcohol (no list-not tanqueray in this case!)
so I'll let someone else advise you on that. Syringes can be obtained
through Sulphur Springs which is an excellent source, they can also provide
steam oil. In the event you don't have a fan for raising steam, they can
help you on that too, I believe.

http://www.sssmodels.com/

There other very qualified  steamers closer to  SF than me who can offer
advice.

Congrats on joining our hobby.

Geoff.

Hi Everyone,