At 02:23 AM 7/9/04 -0700, you wrote:
>Hi Group, Regarding the warpage of cold rolled steels... Jon

   This is as accurate a description and examples of the problems with CRS
as I have heard lately.  Obviously it has it place and uses, otherwise they
wouldn't make the stuff, but one has to know how to play its game.
    I have been told I was dreaming, but in reading Model Engineer many
years ago I saw a number of specific references to the use of "BMS".  These
days BMS means Bright Mild Steel, our equivalent to CRS, but then it meant
Blue Mild Steel.  B(blue)MS was a bright mild steel which had been fully
annealed, thus reducing or eliminating the problems found in CRS but which
had the same clean surface finish and crisp edges.  Like I said, I was told
I had dreamt that as no such thing was available but I do remember specific
references to it.
    The closest thing to that we have here in the U.S. might be ground mild
flat stock, which is not the same as high carbon ground flat stock (guage
plate).  This is fully annealed mild steel sheet which has been surface
ground two sides.

Regards,
Harry