On 14/8/04 9:30 am, "Bert & Edmunda" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello Vance,
>
> On this subject I tried this system without a lot of success. I then met a
> guy with a model submarine who recommended wrapping the antenna around
> a piece of 10mm dia wood or plastic tube. Then wrapping the whole in
> aluminium foil, leaving about 1" outside. I tried it and it works. I
> passed it on to others who have had problems. it is not 100% in all
> cases but it is an improvement and very much worth a try. It also
> needs very little space. I think the trick is the 20mm of antenna
> free. plus the position must be turned to find the best spot as you do
> with the pinking shears method.  Hope this helps.

One can insulate and use one of the domes on the boiler, with the rest of
the aerial wire wrapped round a card former. The standard offering on many
UK models is to have an insulated roof hatch on the top of the cab as a
beacon. If one still gets glitching then a servo smoother with vary take up
speed will solve the problem completely. I would recommend one but am sure
that these things are available from different suppliers world wide.
--
Tag Gorton
Editor