Glad you enjoy no snow!
Me, I will take what little snow we get.  Heck I would take more snow than
we get to avoid the damage those storms cost!  I read about an engineer who
weathered the storms just fine with a storm resistant home he designed.
Makes sense to me.  Rounded home with no overhangs for wind to grab, and
extra thick plywood for roofing and siding.  Why not just pour a dome out of
concrete with 3" glass windows?  Recess doors and even use landscape berms
to deflect some of the force of the winds.  I rejected manufactured homes as
a retirement home.  Carol suggested we consider one for retirement.  We
owned a twenty unit manufactured home park for a few years.  I repaired four
under four year old units we bought and moved in and found the door frame
materials were all smaller than standard dimensions for doors.  The main
worry for me was electric wiring.  It is thinner than the standard house
wire.  When they post 60 watt or smaller bulbs they mean the wire insulation
burns if 75 watt bulbs are installed.  I found wiring above the kitchen sink
burned 4.5 feet back from the ceiling fixture when I was replacing the unit.
I brought in an electrician to check all wiring.  Light switches were so
cheap in one unit that when I removed the plastic plate to install automatic
sprinkler power lead, one switch disintegrated.  This was in a unit rated
near the top in construction and only two years old!  Forget hurricane
resistance, manufactured homes are generally not safe in my estimation due
to sub standard wiring.
Thanks Walt for helping me to appreciate the wet mild weather in Oregon all
the more!
Steaming & Sparking over Terror Trestle in Eugene, Oregon ~ Gary
http://www.angelfire.com/or/trainguy
http://community.webshots.com/user/raltzenthor

The good news----
haven't seen snow in 22 years...........
Keep your steam up!
B. W. Lunkenheimer and Associate
The SWAMP RR, Naples, FL.